Become a member: Membership Guidelines
MEMBERSHIP CHARTER: A GUIDING MEMBERSHIP POLICY DOCUMENT
The TRANET- AFRICA Membership Charter is a guiding organizational policy document meant to guide, regulate and or manage membership to the Network. Potential and or existing members are encouraged to always read the document thoroughly before making any decisions in regard to their membership
TRANET -AFRICA background
The Transformative Leaders Network- Africa (TRANET AFRICA) is a network organization formed in 2008 with a vision of a society where the leadership upholds the ideals of social justice and gender equality and mission build a strong Cadre of Young Leaders who promote social justice and gender equality through research, advocacy, capacity building and networking.
In order to strengthen collaboration, membership and partnerships, TRANET- AFRICA Secretariat intends to collect information on organizations aspiring members.
TRANET- AFRICA Secretariat shall use the information provided in this form to map out member organizations in case of programme implementation, lobbying and networking as a means to strengthen member organizations.
TRANET- AFRICA Mission: to build a strong cadre of young leaders who promote gender equality and social justice through research, capacity building, advocacy and networking.
TRANET- AFRICA Objectives
- To strengthen and empower youth to participate in leadership at all levels
- Construct alternative goals and models of leadership
- To promote inter-generational learning
- To build a strong well-coordinated and independent network that is strategic and proactive in tackling leadership, governance, human rights, socioeconomic and or environmental issues
- To promote knowledge, creativity and modern skills development through capacity building
- To advocate for increased transparency and accountability in national priorities, financing and public spending at all levels
- To build and strengthen the capacity of TRANET AFRICA and its members to carry out its/their mandate
- Among others
What we do
- Building capacities of youth leaders
- Advocating for pro-poor policies and development approaches with major focus on youth and women
- Mobilization and organizing for meaningful citizens’ participation in the socio-economic and governance processes
- Providing alternative policy and youth focused policy research and development programmes
- Advancing skills development for employment productivity and competence, creativity and innovation, entrepreneurship among others.
- Advancing and protecting the rights of young people especially
- Creating platforms through which young people can participate in and equally benefit from socio-economic, political and or human rights processes.
- Promoting good governance, accountability, transparency and social justice
Values and principles
- Unity in diversity
- Innovation and creativity
Membership Guidelines for TRANET AFRICA
Membership for TRANET AFRICA is open to organizations and individuals committed to, and actively advancing, the goals of the TRANET AFRICA. The procedures in the guidelines below have been designed so as to be compatible with and building upon the procedures used for accreditation by the TRANET AFRICA Secretariat, but introducing measures to enhance effectiveness of membership management, quality control on admission and maintenance of membership and clearer obligations and benefits of membership.
Membership and eligibility
- Membership is open to individual young people between the ages of 15-35
- Youth led and or focused organisations are eligible to member must be a youth led organization
- must be a youth focused organization Should be dully registered or in the process of getting registered with proof
You’re a member of TRANET AFRICA if the following conditions have been fulfilled:
- Duly signed the TRANET- AFRICA Membership Form delivered to TRANET AFRICA secretariat
Procedure for membership application, screening and acceptance of membership
On the basis of the information provided in accordance with established procedure, TRANET -AFRICA Secretariat will accept the membership of any organization/individual who has met the criteria for membership and has agreed to meet the obligations of membership of the NETWORK. The proposed procedure is as follows:
- Individuals and or organizations interested in becoming part of the network should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Interest to become a member”
- In the email, it should be made clear whether it is an individual or an organization expressing interest
- The Membership and Partnerships Officer will respond to the email with the necessary attachments and information.
- The membership form will be reviewed first at the TRANET -AFRICA secretariat who will confirm that the membership form is complete and if not request missing information.
- Once an application is complete the secretariat will then, consider its formal consideration and endorsement or rejection.
- Acceptance or rejection of the membership application would be by the Coordination organization/secretariat
- Once approved or rejected, the applicant will be informed of the decision of the secretariat
- The decision of the secretariat on the admission or rejection of membership is final.
- A roster of newly enrolled members will be presented at every last TRANET -AFRICA meeting in a quarter.
- The profile of the newly enrolled members will be uploaded to the TRANET AFRICA email and recorded in the TRANET data base at the secretariat.
Roles of Member Organizations
- Attend and participate in all activities of TRANET- AFRICA
- Attend and participate in all meetings of TRANET- AFRICA
- Keep contact and provide updates to the secretariat
- participating in decision making processes of the TRANET- AFRICA
- to remain fair and impartial during the TRANET- AFRICA decision making processes
- taking lead role on specific activities to implement the TRANET- AFRICA strategic plan
- Mainstreaming TRANET- AFRICA work in their individual organizations’ work
- Representing TRANET -AFRICA in other fora
- participate in decsion making processes
- unertakejoint proposal development and or project implementation
- And or contributing financially to the TRANET -AFRICA.
Confidentiality and Management of membership Information
- The membership of the TRANET AFRICA would be maintained by one of the representative at the secretariat on behalf of TRANET -AFRICA.
- The directory of members will be maintained and open to all members. Summary information will be available to the public/all members.
- The membership database will as far as possible be integrated with the database maintained in files and on the website.
- The Secretariat should submit a quarterly report to the Network members giving information on the status of the Network activities, membership, and measures to promote and effectively manage the Network.
- Member organizations may from time to time inform the Network in changes in their organization address and contact details as well as changing the contact person.
- Updating may be undertaken by way of submitting an Update Form or sending an email to email@example.com .
- Each member agrees that it will use the same reasonable efforts to protect the other’s proprietary information as it uses to protect its own proprietary information, at present and in the future. Disclosure of such information shall be restricted to those who are directly participating in the TRANET -AFRICA and efforts identified in this agreement.
- Any organization/individual that is determined as having provided false or misleading information to the NETWORK in order to obtain membership may have their membership terminated.
- Any organization/individual that acts in such a way as to bring the Network into disrepute or deliberately makes false accusations against the Network or other member organizations may have their membership terminated.
Assignment or Transferability
These guidelines may not be assigned or otherwise transferred by any of the members.
Each member /organization shall exert their best effort toward successful performance of TRANET- AFRICA mission mentioned in the guide lines and shall strive to provide high managerial, technical and other personnel to perform and support the activities.
- A letter dully signed from the organization/individual intending to become a member should accompany the membership form requesting to become a member.
- In the letter, a summary of the organizations aims, objectives, among others should be provided
- Fill the membership form for either the individual or organization
- Submit the dully filled form to the secretariat via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by Post P.O.Box 25625 Kampala Plot 15 Vubya Close, Ntinda- Nakawa Road Kampala Uganda
- An email confirming receipt of the necessary documents shall be sent out
- The membership and the partnerships officer shall then commence screening of the application
- A letter confirming acceptance to the network or rejecting the application shall be issued within two months with the necessary explanations
to apply as an individual kindly click here https://tranetafrica.org/webform/apply-tranet-africa-membership-individuals to apply as an organsiation, kindly click here https://tranetafrica.org/webform/apply-tranet-africa-membership-organisa...